Cyber Security Protection
With geopolitical tensions rising, the headlines may have caught your attention so we want to review what Raymond James does to protect you by keeping your information secure.
Unfortunately, cyber threats aren’t new, and Raymond James has invested considerable financial resources and personnel to stay ahead of increasingly sophisticated threat actors. In fact, the firm has dedicated and certified information security analysts as well as advanced security infrastructure monitoring your accounts 24/7 to detect and defend against signs of tampering, unauthorized account activity and potential malicious intrusions.
And that’s just the start of the measures Raymond James has taken to protect our valued clients. Here’s a look at some of the precautions put in place behind the scenes to further protect your information.
- Proactive vulnerability testing of Raymond James networks and servers
- Encryption, secure virtual private networks, and the latest firewall and antivirus technology
- Vigilant email monitoring for regulatory and compliance purposes, as well as protection against phishing attempts and malware
- Quarterly technology reviews conducted by independent auditors
- Coordination with industry-wide organizations and law enforcement agencies devoted to sharing information about physical and cyber security to anticipate, mitigate and respond to emerging cyber threats
Their multi-layered defense, based on industry-leading security controls, is constantly evolving to stay ahead of the threat landscape. Good cyber security hygiene continues to remain a critical component of defense. Additional measures that you can take to help safeguard your information include:
- Keeping your technology (including mobile devices) and security software up to date
- Using public networks sparingly and with caution
- Implementing complex and unique passwords across all accounts
- Enabling multi-factor authentication wherever possible
- Practicing sensible data management, including regular data backups to protect against ransomware
Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members. Raymond James does not provide tax or legal services. Please discuss these matters with the appropriate professional.